Sunday, October 20, 2013

October 20 - A Sad and Abrupt Ending to My Trip

At the end of a absolutely wonderful 3 days in Wenzhou with Andy -- including seeing a beautiful China National Geopark and adding Andy's girlfriend's sister, mother and father as my "friends," and having a magnificient brunch of a wide array of local foods  -- I learned first that my dad was missing and then later that he had passed away.  So, with Korean Airlines superb assistance I have been able to change my flights to fly to Los Angeles.  I will arrive in Los Angeles on October 21 and drive a rental car to my hometown on the central coast.
 
I am currently sitting in the Seoul airport awaiting a connection for that flight to LAX.  This news article has already been published about my dad's passing: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/10/20/2742666/wilmar-tognazzini-missing-since.html .

I had already prepared a couple of additional blog entries -- and I will post them at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment